Minister of State in the Ministry of Local Government & Community Development Honourable Colin Fagan, made his debut presentation in the House of Representatives on Wednesday July, 11, 2012.
Minister Fagan, in making the Ministry’s second presentation in the 2012-2013 Sectoral Debate, (Minister Noel Arscott spoke on June 26) spoke on the theme ‘Ministry of Local Government and Community Development: On a Mission with a Vision: transforming communities’. He emphasised the achievements of the Ministry over the 2011-2012 fiscal year, the projects that are in progress and projections for the coming year.
The Minister of State’s presentation covered the following areas:
· Advancing the Community Agenda
· Community Development Paradigm
· The Portmore Model Review
· The University Town of Papine/Liguanea
· Indigent Housing & Homelessness
· Disaster Preparedness
· Entrenchment of Local Government in the Constitution
· The Jamaica Fire Brigade
See full presentation in the quick downloads section of this website; bottom left.